Header

Header

Friday 17 March 2017

A busy Friday

Had to make the most of the dry weather. New bale of haylage was delivered so 12 large haynets and 6 small filled.
The boys paddock has been rolled, looks much better and the boys are very happy with it.
The Hubbards are now 8 weeks old and are huge as soon as the current sack of growers feed is emptied they will be on to finishers.
The bantams are laying regularly now but the older girls are still hit and miss. I keep giving them oyster shell but they are still mainly laying soft shelled eggs. Gloria, the Buff Orpington must be  8 years old now atleast and the Light  Sussex is not far behind her.

I managed some digging and got the metre square bed inside the polytunnel frame dug over and weeded.
However, the best news of all, drum roll please, Pete has dug the trenches for the sides of the polytunnel and started the one end. Absolutely chuffed to bits not holding my breath but hopefully the plastic will be on the polytunnel sometime this year.

No photos this time as it just winds me up . It was bad enough typing up an entry yesterday for that not to be published one day i will get this Blogger lark sussed.

2 comments:

  1. I will keep my fingers crossed you get your poly soon. I have the tunnel but not sorted inside yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chickpea, the weather for the rest of the week doesn't look very promising (large understatement) high winds forecast, which you will know here in Cornwall come straight off the sea. However I did manage a few fork fulls of weeding this morning so slowly, slowly wins the race.
      I'm sure you will get your tunnel sorted soon.

      Delete